Trouble with my apartment rental management
1. They have the least courteous staff (on phone) and otherwise too.
2. The dryer in the basement has been out of order for atleast two months (i.e. since i have seen it) and despite telling them about it for 6 times now they haven't done anything about it. And when you call them about it, they say "OK" .. ! So basically i have to walk to a laundromat to do the laundry despite paying for an apartment which is supposed to have a working laundry facility in the basement ! Being summer here these days, walking is manageable. I can't imagine that in the winter.
3. It seems they haven't paid the gas bill (supposed to be paid by management as a part of the leasing agreement). The gas company has put up a notice to shut down the service in a month ! Well i hope they take care of that immediately unlike the dryer.
4. There is something wrong in the piping of the basement. The water keeps leaking openly. Clear indication of the fact that management cares the least.
Now why am i writing this.
- First, i think its quite probable that people would find this note here while googling around and be cautioned while choosing a management.
- Second, i would like to know about your experience with rental managements in Pittsburgh. Put your notes in the comments.
- Clearly this post has been noticed. By the management company also. Anyhow, the proprietor called me up today to discuss this matter with a hint of legal action threat. Anyhow, there was also a hint of "lets talk about this". Also he did explain how things go wrong when you employ and work with people.
- So, we agreed that he would get the dryer fixed and i would take off the name of the management company from my blog. (if you read this blog before, you must have noticed the changes). The dryer is fixed (atleast there is cable that goes into a plug, will test it when i use it next time). Lets see what happens with the other problems.
- My thoughts about blogging about such issues coming up in another post.